If you have been struggling with your body image, self worth, or even trying to accept and love yourself, it’s time to take a look at what the core issue is.
For some people, they turn to food not only when they are upset, but also when they are happy. Many don’t even know they have a “problem” for quite some time.
But as the problem emerges, so do the feelings that something isn’t quite right with them. Before long, they begin to live 2 separate lives. Their private live that binges on food, and their normal everyday life that they put on for others.
But over time, these 2 worlds begin to collide and create absolute havoc in their life.
Binge eating disorder, also known as compulsive eating or emotional eating is a very real disorder that effects millions of people.
One woman who suffered from binge eating disorder for many years took it on herself to figure out what the real root of the problem was. After many months of trial and error, she successfully overcame binge eating disorder and changes her entire life around.
Since 2005, this program “End Binge Eating Now” has helped thousands others overcome binge eating disorder.
See if you or anyone you know can relate to what she talks about on her website. This may be the ‘way out’ that you have been searching for.
Binge eating is not just a habit. There is an actual disease called “binge eating disorder” in which you eat abnormally large amounts of food with an inability to stop eating when your body is technically full. This is a dangerous, life threatening condition, but help is available and recover is possible.
While you can over eat every once in a while, binge eaters consistently eat too much but do not use laxatives or purge to get rid of the food.
Many people who have binge eating disorder have weight problems but some are of a normal weight.
There are some factors in your life that can increase your chances of having a binge-eating problem. These include the following:
• Psychological problems. Most people who have this problem have a negative self-image and don’t feel positive about their accomplishments and skills. You can overeat because you are bored, stressed out, or have a poor image of your body.
• Family history. If you have a first-degree relative such as a sibling or a parent who suffer from binge eating difficulties, you might be at an increased risk yourself. It may mean that there are some hereditary factors that relate to developing this type of eating disorder.
• Over dieting. If you have a long history of dieting as far back as childhood, this may have been a way of compensating for times in which you were otherwise overeating.
• Age. You can have binge eating disorder at any age but most people have an onset of the disorder in their teens or in their early twenties.
Binge eating can cause you both physical and psychological problems. Some of the major dangers of binge eating include the following:
• Feeling terrible about yourself
• Feeling bad about how your life is going
• Having problems functioning in your personal life, in social situations, or in the work environment.
• Having a poor quality of life.
• Being socially isolated from others.
• Suffering from obesity or being overweight.
• Having medical problems as a result of being obese, including type 2 diabetes, heart disease, osteoarthritis of the joints, gastroesophageal reflux disease (also called GERD), and breathing problems such as sleep apnea.
The psychiatric disorders most commonly linked to binge eating problems includes things like bipolar disorder, depressive symptoms, anxiety disorders, and illicit drug use.
In order to make the diagnosis of binge eating disorder, you may need to see a psychological professional for a full evaluation of your eating behaviors. Tests to evaluate the possibility that the binge eating has already affected your health include testing for things like high blood pressure, diabetes, heart problems, high cholesterol, gastroesophageal disorder, and sleep apnea disorder.
The doctor may do a complete physical examination, take blood or urine tests, and perhaps refer you to a center for sleep disorders for a consultation.
According to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, the following things must be in place in order to make the diagnosis of binge eating disorder:
• Having a lack of control about eating, including how much you eat and whether or not you can actually stop eating.
• Having recurrent attacks of overeating a large amount of food over a short period of time.
• Having these factors related to eating: eating to the point where you feel extremely full, eating very quickly, eating alone because you are embarrassed about your eating, or feeling depressed, guilty or disgusted about your eating behaviors.
• Having concern about your eating habits.
• Engaging in binge eating at least once weekly for a period of three months or more.
• Eating that is unassociated with purging, laxative abuse, or excessive exercise.
Binge eating can be dangerous. It affects your overall health and can lead to mental problems that only perpetuate the eating problem.
The Garcinia cambogia extract Select Weight Loss Program is incorporated with an interesting new breakthrough component that has a full online extensive diet and weight-loss program to assist you drop weight. Incorporated with a reasonable food program, exercise routine, and also drinking lots of water, the program will certainly help you to reclaim your slim body less complicated as well as quicker.Just how does Garcinia cambogia extract Work?[video_player type=”youtube” width=”560″ height=”315″ align=”center” margin_top=”0″ margin_bottom=”20″]aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cueW91dHViZS5jb20vd2F0Y2g/dj00UUJwNG5jUGdKaw==[/video_player]
HCA is the energetic component in Garcinia Cambogia, and functions by hindering the citrate cleavage enzyme in your liver. This implies that by taking Garcinia supplements, your Liver is converting the sugar as well as carbohydrates from your food right into power, in contrast to keeping it as fat. The HCA does this by obstructing the enzyme citrate lysase in your liver that convert the sugars to fat, meanings that sugars are transformed to glycogen rather, which is an energy resource for your muscular tissues.
While Garcinia cambogia extract is being touted as an outstanding weight reduction product, it’s in fact helpful for far more than simply dropping weight. It has several various other health and wellness advantages that any individual can gain from, so if you do not require or intend to lose weight, you can still take Garcinia cambogia extract supplements to improve your health and wellness. Below are 3 reasons everyone must attempt Garcinia Cambogia.
Among the health and wellness benefits of Garcinia is its capacity to increase your metabolic process. Everybody’s metabolic process works at different rates and it’s a combo of different chain reaction that elevate and also reduced your metabolic rate, which is generally constantly unbalanced. The HCA in Garcinia cambogia extract has the capability to stabilize the chain reactions which makes your metabolic process work more successfully. When your metabolism is functioning better, you will certainly start to experience an increase in your power levels too. When your effort level rises, you will certainly feel much better, will not be so sluggish and exhausted all the time and also you’ll be able to complete more each day.
Garcinia cambogia extract essence additionally has the capacity to enhance your immune system. Researches reveal that it can make your body respond far better to infections, diseases, and also ailments and also provides your body the capability to fight more of them off. This is thought to be due to the fact that there is a big quantity of vitamin C found in the Garcinia cambogia extract fruit along with due to how the HCA works within the body. Taking Garcinia cambogia extract supplements could actually shorten the length of time you are sick from colds or the flu.
Even if you don’t have cholesterol problems presently, you extremely well could have cholesterol troubles in the future, as well as exactly what much better means to prevent future issues than with Garcinia cambogia extract? The HCA in Garcinia lowers the number of lipids in the blood stream, so it produces much less bad cholesterol and even more great cholesterol. In addition to improving cholesterol levels, it also reduces your high blood pressure. You are, essentially, decreasing your possibilities of establishing heart problem in the future.
So even if you typically aren’t planning to reduce weight, you can still significantly benefit from making use of Garcinia Cambogia supplements. If you’re happy with your current weight however want to ensure to preserve the weight you’re at, it can aid you accomplish that as well, together with enhancing your overall health and wellness.
There are several individual wellness benefits related to Garcinia cambogia extract such as assisting soothe pain as well as inflammation from the various kinds of arthritis, securing your urinary and renal systems, boosting your digestion system, as well as speeding up the healing procedure for wounds and infections. Garcinia Cambogia has actually been made use of for centuries in various other parts of the globe for helping these illness.
Garcinia Cambogia is among the only supplementary products on the marketplace that has essentially no side-effects, so you can feel safe taking it. Nevertheless, if you get on medications for hypertension or cholesterol, you ought to talk with your healthcare professional prior to taking Garcinia cambogia to make sure it will not have nasty effects when made use of with your medicines.
According to statistics, most individuals in the US take in 3-5 times more protein than they need. An ideal protein intake is about 0.5 grams (500 mg) of protein per pound of lean body mass. This calculates to about 40-70 grams of protein per day. While high protein diets are extremely popular, eating excessive amounts of protein can be damaging to your health.
If you eat more protein than your body really can use can cause problems with your overall health and fitness in several ways.Too much protein can lead to these health issues:
That being said, you need to know that your body cannot live without protein. While some amino acids can be made by the body, several essential amino acids cannot be made by the body tissues but must be taken in through food sources. Your amino acids are what make the protein that helps grow muscle, bony tissue, enzymes, and several hormones your body needs to survive.
Your body processes protein less efficiently as you age so that eating enough high quality protein becomes more important. You also need more protein during pregnancy so the fetus can use that protein in order to grow. Regular people who are not aging or pregnant can stick to eating 40-70 grams of protein daily as suggested.
There is an upper limit as to how much protein your body has the ability to make use of. We eat, on average, much more protein than our bodies need as well as too much carbohydrate-containing foods and not enough foods high in healthy fat.
Part of the problem is that the consumption of meat has risen to a great degree in the last century. Most of this meat is not high quality meat and comes from animal farms where animals are fed grains that have been genetically altered instead of grass in a pasture. You should eat meat that has been pasture-fed but even this can lead to protein excesses in the body.
When you eat protein, your body takes what it needs and converts all of the rest of it into sugar and finally into fat. When your blood sugar levels are increased from eating too much protein, you put yourself at risk of getting infections by yeast (called Candidiasis) and pathogenic bacteria. The growth of cancer cells is stimulated by the excesses of sugar and fat in your body.
There is a biochemical pathway known as the mammalian target of rapamycin that is stimulated by having too much protein in your system. This pathway plays a role in cancer formation. In order to avoid stimulating the pathway, you need to keep your protein levels to the proper amounts.
Eating too much protein causes stress on the kidneys. The kidneys are responsible for removing the nitrogenous waste products in the bloodstream and when there is too much protein, both the excess protein and water is lost through the kidneys, resulting in dehydration. This was proven in a research study that involved athletes who engaged in endurance sports.
There have been recent research studies that relate to calorie restriction and longevity. In particular, restriction of protein intake leads to a longer life, particularly restriction of the amino acid known as methionine. This is found in high levels in meats. Other research indicates that the balance of amino acids might be the most important factor in gaining a long life.
You need to know exactly how much protein you need to consume in order to be healthy. It can be calculated as taking in 500 mg of protein per pound of lean body mass or about 40-60 grams of protein daily. If you are excessively exercising or are pregnant, you need to take in about 25 percent more than that.
You also need to remember that a serving of protein is about the size of one deck of cards. Then you need to estimate the amount of protein you need. Your lean body mass is your percent body fat subtracted from a hundred. Make that into a percentage and multiply that by your total weight in pounds. Multiply that number into 0.5 grams per pound to get your protein requirement for the day.
To get the protein you need, but not too much, choose protein found in eggs, dairy products, meat, fish, legumes, seeds, and nuts. Forty grams of protein isn’t really very much: about two hamburger patties. You do not need to be a vegetarian to avoid eating too much protein. Read food labels and look up the amount of protein in the foods you are eating. If you are eating too much, just adjust your diet so you are eating the right amount of protein.
Cancer can occur in individuals of any age but many cancers are directly related to age and have an increasing incidence as one ages.
Here are one cancers you stand a greater chance of getting as you age.
The incidence of breast cancer increases with age. For example, a woman aged 50 has a 2.29 percent chance of getting breast cancer over the next ten years, while a woman 60 years of age has a 3.48 percent chance of getting breast cancer over the next ten years. For women aged 70, they have a 3.88 percent chance of getting breast cancer in the next ten years and a 6.16 percent chance of getting breast cancer over the next 20 years.
Breast cancer happens when cells that do not know how to shut off production of more cells begin to grow out of control in breast tissue. The cells eventually replace normal breast tissue, can travel to the lymph nodes through the lymph system, and can eventually spread throughout the body, including the liver, lungs, and brain. Breast cancer is a common disease, affecting one out of every 8 women in the course of their lifetime.
Symptoms of Breast Cancer
Breast cancer has no symptoms when it is in its earliest stages. This is why having a regular mammogram is so important. With a mammogram, cancerous cells can be detected using a special kind of breast x-ray that can tell the difference between normal breast tissue and cancerous tissue.[video_player type=”youtube” width=”560″ height=”315″ align=”center” margin_top=”0″ margin_bottom=”20″]aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cueW91dHViZS5jb20vd2F0Y2g/dj02S2VXVmJiNWlTOA==[/video_player]
• Having a hard like marble beneath the skin of the breast.
• Feeling a lump in the breast, especially after menses.
• Armpit swelling
• Tenderness or pain in the breast
• The presence of a red breast that is painful and has an “orange-peel texture”
• An indentation of the nipple
• An indentation of breast tissue
• A change in the size, texture or temperature of the breast
• Itching of the breast
• Bloody, clear or other color of discharge from the breast
Not all breast cancers are of the same type. Breast cancer can be located in different parts of the breast and can have different types of receptors on them, making them more or less sensitive to increased growth under the presence of female hormones.
Breast cancer forming in the milk ducts is the most common type of breast cancer. It can stay within the ducts or can break away from the ducts and can become invasive. Lobular cancer of the breast is formed in the part of the breast where the milk is produced. Like ductal breast cancer, it can break out of the lobules and invade the rest of the breast tissue. Connective tissue breast cancer is more rare. It occurs in the part of the breast that is the fatty tissue, blood vessel tissue, or muscle of the breast. These types of breast cancers are called sarcomas.
Breast cancer can be classified according to the type of hormone receptors located on the breast cancer cells. The two main female hormones are estrogen and progesterone. Your breast cancer can be one of three main types. Doctors use these receptor types to tailor the treatment each type of breast cancer gets.
The hormone receptor status of a breast cancer can be one of these:
• Estrogen receptor positive. This might respond to anti-estrogen therapy.
• Progesterone receptor positive. This might respond to anti-progesterone therapy.
• Hormone receptor negative. This has no hormone receptors and is the most difficult to treat because it doesn’t slow in growth with medications that block estrogen and progesterone.
The best thing you can do to detect cancer at its earliest stages is to have a regular mammogram. The American Cancer Society now recommends annual mammograms starting at the age of 45 years. Women with strong family histories of breast cancer can have their mammogram screening earlier in life.
Breast cancer is also strongly affected by obesity. Maintaining one’s weight through exercise and a healthy diet can reduce the risk of breast cancer in many women, regardless of age.
Do you enjoy the great outdoors? Then we’ve got just the thing for you- a good old dose of mountain biking.
Not sure what mountain biking is?
It is the sport of using a specialized designed bike, aptly known as a mountain bike to ride on off-road conditions, laden with obstacles or incline surfaces.
Before you get discouraged or scared for that matter, just know that mountain bikes are fitted with special gears, which make your ascent easier than it would be in a normal bike.
How Do I Get Started With Mountain Biking?
Of course, you need the bike. Go down, speak with your local bike specialist, and get the best one that you can afford. There are many choices. Before you start riding, there are also a few other essentials you will need.
Mountain biking is one of the few sports where accessories actually become “necessities” or you may be in for a world of discomfort, so be sure to invest in these:
• Spandex Shorts – yes, spandex shorts aren’t just a fashion statement, but are essential if you plan to ride and sort of distance. Spandex shorts fix snugly around the legs and groin area, limiting the amount of friction your legs produce from coming into contact with each other, or the seat. This in turn significantly reduces the severity of chafing, a painful condition known very well by those who have ever experienced it. By the way, you do not wear underwear with the shorts!
• A Well Fitting Helmet – safety is important in any sport, but especially mountain biking where you can take a nasty head injury if you fall over an obstacle. A good helmet needs to fit well, not move around much and not obscure your vision.
• Puncture Repair Kit And Tire Pump – nothing is worse than heading miles out into deep country and suffer a puncture. Chances are you won’t have cell phone service, so unless you want to spend hours walking back out, ensure you prepare for emergencies. These kits are usually small, and will not add any measurable weight to your trip.
• Water Bottle – this should go without saying, but just in case you forgot… take enough water to last the distance you are riding. A sports drink can also be added to the mix for rehydration of electrolytes.
These techniques will help make your experience much more enjoyable and less likely to result in injury:
• Keep Your Hands on the Bars and Not the Brakes – this is especially important on descending, since many new riders are pitched over the front of the bike by having a false handle grip. You can’t grip the brake levers for support, and this is a leading cause of injury to new riders.
• Shift Often – this is best learned by experience, but as a general rule when ascending use a low-tension gear, and the opposite when going down an incline.
• Use Positional Movements – ever wonder why some people stand at certain points? It’s for shock absorption and to effectively shift your center of gravity.
If there is one thing that discourages new mountain bikers from truly enjoying the wonders of mountain biking, it is going too far, too soon. If your start trekking over rough, unfamiliar terrain your first go, the sheer exhaustion and trauma of a likely few falls will discourage you.
• Start By Getting A Feel For Your Bike – there’s no better teacher than experience’ learning the best time to shift gears, and when to prop yourself up as opposed to sitting are learned habits.
• Keep The Journey Short – it is unrealistic to ride a 50-mile journey your first try. It’s best to start slow, and experience the nearby terrain. Couple it with your recovery ability, and you will soon be able to judge how much you are capable of undertaking as you grow in this sport.
• Take Rides On Weekends – we all have day jobs (most of us at least), so unless you want to be burned out all the time, start by riding on weekends. This provides some much-needed recovery after a tough ride, and functions as a good outlet for stress.
If you’re looking for an exercise system that can dramatically improve your health, and is also enjoyable, mountain biking is your cup of tea. Consider these reasons to begin with this sport today.
Mountain biking is different from conventional flat surface road cycling in the sense that the requirements for stability are different on the muscles, offering a very good resistance workout.
Have you ever noticed the muscular leg development of some extreme mountain biking athletes? Now compare that to a basic road racer. The difference is astounding.
This is due in large part to the recruitment of both Type 1 and 2 muscle fibers, helping develop mass, strength and stamina at the same time.
Fat burning occurs preferentially when your heart rate enters a certain “zone,” which happens to be at 65-75 percent of your max heart rate. The intensity of mountain biking keeps your heartrate elevated in that zone most of the time, ensuring you’ll get leaner every time you ride.
Know what else is amazing about its fat burning potential? The staggering caloric expenditure. A light 145lb individual burns a decent 500 calories per hour, when performed on moderately difficult terrain. This amount can quickly increase as the difficulty of the terrain is enhanced.
A two-hour ride can easily amount to more than 25% of daily caloric intake.
One of the most important elements of good health and fitness is how efficiently your lungs can supply oxygen to your hard working heart, which in turn increases the speed at which oxygen is delivered to the muscles and other organs. Better oxygen flow decreases your fatigue rate, and improves your performance over time.
There’s nothing that can improve your mood as fast or effectively as something you enjoy. For many, mountain biking is their drug of choice. The feeling of experiencing nature in all its true glory, and the endorphin rush associated with exercise will leave you feeling on top of the world.
In addition, who says mountain biking has to be a solitary exercise pastime? Many of the happiest and most resolute mountain bikers ride in a small group of friends, who keep each other accountable and motivated.
Having a safety net is never a bad thing either, in the event something goes wrong.
Mountain biking is an excellent pastime activity, whether you’re looking for a way to shed a few pounds, improve the health of your heart or need an escape from hectic city life.
Whatever your reason, once common sense is employed, safety procedures adhered to and you ride consistently, you will fall in love with it.
Stroke is a condition that falls under the umbrella of heart disease. Most people don’t realize that there are three kinds of stroke and that there are things you can do to reduce your risk of all kinds of stroke.
• Thrombotic stroke – This is the type of stroke in which plaques build up on the arterial walls of the arteries leading to the brain. The plaques narrow the blood vessels and clots can form in the narrowed areas, causing a reduction in oxygen and blood flow to the brain stops.
• Embolic stroke – This is the type of stroke in which there is a blood clot somewhere in the body (usually on a heart valve) that breaks off and travels through the bloodstream so that it cuts off the circulation to an area of the brain, resulting in a stroke.
• Hemorrhagic stroke – Rather than an area of the brain being without blood and oxygen, a blood vessel in the brain opens up, causing bleeding to occur within the brain. This can be due to areas of weakness in the blood vessels or to aneurysms in the brain that open up and bleed.
• Stroke is the 3rd leading cause of death in the United States
• There are 795,000 strokes every year
• Someone suffers a stroke every 40 seconds of each and every day in the US
• Stroke is the leading reason for serious disability overall, and those who survive are often left with paralysis and speech impairment causing long term disability, often requiring long term care
• After the age of 55 years old, the risk for stroke doubles every decade
• Almost ¾ of all strokes occur in people age older than 65
(Data source: Internet Stroke Center)
There are different ways to prevent a stroke depending on the type of stroke you are trying to prevent. There are some things you can do that prevent a certain type of stroke but that has the potential to worsen another type of stroke.
• Maintain a normal blood pressure – This holds true for all kinds of stroke. If your blood pressure is too high, it contributes to arterial spasm and increases the risk of thrombotic stroke. If the blood pressure is too high, it can push the blood clot in the heart from the heart valve into the circulatory system of the brain, resulting in an embolic stroke. In a completely different way, high blood pressure can cause hemorrhagic strokes. If there is a weakness in the walls of any part of the brain’s circulatory system, high blood pressure can cause that weak area to open up, resulting in the kind of bleeding you see in a hemorrhagic stroke.
• Maintain a normal cholesterol – Cholesterol is what makes up part of the plaques that contribute to getting a thrombotic stroke. If you maintain a good level of cholesterol, the plaques don’t build up so much and the chance that a blood clot can form in the arteries is much less. You can keep a good cholesterol level by eating food that is low in cholesterol or by taking medications designed to lower the cholesterol level.
• Stop smoking – Smoking has the potential to raise your blood pressure, increasing the risk of all kinds of strokes. Smoking also contributes to plaque formation in the walls of the blood vessels so that the risk of thrombotic stroke increases. The longer you smoke, the greater is the risk of developing all kinds of heart disease, including that of thrombotic stroke.
• Take a baby aspirin – Baby aspirin is a commonly used medication used to prevent the recurrence of heart attack in a patient who has already had a heart attack. Aspirin is a platelet inhibitor, which means that it blocks platelets from sticking together and forming a blood clot. This same phenomenon can work in the prevention of both thrombotic strokes and embolic strokes. If the platelets cannot form a blood clot, it will prevent a blood clot from forming on a heart valve so that it can’t travel to an area of the brain, leading to an embolic stroke. In the same way, when platelets are blocked from forming a clot inside a narrowed area of the blood vessels leading to the brain, this thwarts the onset of a thrombotic stroke.
Living a healthy lifestyle so that the blood pressure is reduced, smoking is not a problem, and cholesterol is kept within normal levels will go a long way toward reducing the incidence of all kinds of strokes.
If you are concerned about stroke, or any type of heart disease it is a great idea to see your doctor and get a full physical and relevant screenings to be sure that there is not more that you can do to ensure you remain in optimal health.
Far too many lives are negatively impacted, or taken too soon by a wide variety of dangerous and relentless cancers. Scientists are hard at work trying to discover the cure to this deadly disease, and all its different varieties but in the meantime, is there anything we can do differently in our diets to prevent cancer?
Diet is well known to play a key role in so many aspects of both good and bad health. Nutrients from food are used by the body for countless internal process, energy, healthy immunity, and brain health. Nutrients are also essential for avoiding disease, including heart disease, the common cold, and even cancer.
Research has shown that eating a healthy, balanced diet with fruits and vegetables can help in all aspects of maintaining good health. There are even some specific foods that are considered cancer-fighting powerhouses. Perhaps they are already part of your diet, but if they are not, now is a great time to start incorporating the following cancer preventing, and delicious foods.
Science suggests that the sulfur that is released from this fragrant food can have cancer fighting powers. It can prevent cancer from forming in your body and accelerates the repair of DNA. Real garlic cloves are a better option than a supplement, and it’s best to peel the cloves and crush or mince them. Then let them sit for 20 minutes before you cook them so the enzymes have time to activate and release the sulfur. Raw garlic can be enjoyed in salads, sprinkled over cooked meats, fish and poultry or steamed vegetables.
Cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, kale, and cabbage are all packed with enzyme producing phytochemicals that become active as you chew. Eaten cooked or raw, these veggies help protect against stomach and intestinal cancers.
Have you ever wondered what gives tomatoes that lovely red color? It’s a phytochemical called lycopene, and its concentration is higher in tomatoes than any other foods. Tomatoes are most prepped to protect from cancer when they are cooked or processed, because your body can more easily break them down and absorb the vital nutrients.
A wonderful dish with tomatoes is grilled tomatoes parmesan. Cut a whole tomato in half, sprinkle parmesan cheese on top and bake at 375F on a cookie sheet with a little olive oil for about 5 to 6 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown.
Carrots are loaded with antioxidants, and beta carotene which has been linked to slowed cancer growth. This naturally sweet and well-loved veggie is most beneficial cooked as light steaming releases essential antioxidants, so you’ll help keep all the nutrients intact if you steam them whole, and then cut them before enjoying. Add fresh raw garlic over the steamed carrots to double the cancer fighting benefits!
Berries are small, but mighty when it comes to health benefits, and antioxidant-rich strawberries are one of the best in the bunch for cancer prevention. Additionally, they contain Ellagic acids, which have shown the ability to slow tumor growth and protect against mouth and esophagus cancers. Moreover, they are a great food to eat for naturally healthy and white teeth.
Berries make great snacks, powerful breakfast foods over a whole grain cereal or Greek yogurt and they are awesome low calorie desserts.
Spinach is a great source of nutrients, fiber, and carotenoids. Carotenoids are important in cancer prevention because they flush out the free radicals in our bodies before they have a chance to settle in and do any damage. You’ll get more benefits from eating this green, leafy super hero raw or just slightly cooked and wilted.
You can eat spinach raw in salads or enjoy it sautéed for just a couple of minutes in olive oil with a dash of fresh garlic and a little salt.
Eating whole grains contributes to well balanced and tasty diet. They also contain antioxidants called lignans that can be helpful in prohibiting cancer cells from multiplying. When you’re selecting breads, cereals, and side dishes such as rice or pasta, always go with the whole grain varieties for a healthy dose of fiber and antioxidants to help ward off cancer.
Meat is a great source of protein, but can often be tinged with growth hormones that were given to the animals to make then larger, faster. These hormones have been linked to cancers, so choosing hormone free options will help protect you. Meat should also be enjoyed in moderation, and not overcooked to the point of charring.
Healthy, fresh, whole natural foods not only contribute to good health, but can also heal and restore balance in our bodies. Conversely, eating junk and processed food can actually do the opposite by depriving the body of the nutrition it needs to function at its best, and to maintain optimal immunity in order to fight disease.
Incorporating these powerful foods into your diet will help protect against cancer, and give you delicious and long lasting health.
5-HTP stands for 5-Hydroxytryptophan. This is a chemical component created by the physical body. It functions as an all-natural appetite suppressant. It likewise creates serotonin that is a vital hormonal agent to manage our mood. Additionally, it can be discovered in some foods such as banana, cheese, meat, and also milk as an all-natural amino acid.
5-HTP does not consist of intense adverse effects. Its particle can successfully browse with the blood mind obstacle of the physical body to ensure that it can swiftly get to the mind. In this way, 5-HTP could enhance the needed adjustments in the mind chemical make up of the physical body. It aids promote quality rest as well as regulate the appetite. This is useful for people that intend to lose excess weight in a natural means. The factor behind this is that a high serotonin degree minimizes hunger and can create a specific to feel fuller promptly without needing to limit the intake of food.
A high level of serotonin in the physical body could make you feel a whole lot better. There are other methods to generate serotonin such as illegal drugs as well as antidepressant medication, but a more natural method of doing it is to take supplements with 5-HTP.
There are several gain from 5-HTP. One of these is fat burning. There are several research studies showed that 5-HTP can help in reducing obesity. Scientific tests validated that 5-HTPsupplements generate positive outcomes in regards to fat burning. According to among the researches, 5-HTP reduced the complete quantity of everyday calories without an effort of slimming down by among the lady individuals. Furthermore, the ordinary weight loss in the claimed research was three pounds within the duration of five weeks. Baseding on one more research, 5-HTP works at the brain’s satiety facility, and cues the yous to take in minimal calories during dishes. Consequently, weight reduction occurred.
The following advantage of 5-HTP is related to sleeplessness. The brain calls for steady serotonin degrees for far better rest. Taking 5-HTP everyday can aid in decreasing the moment for an individual to fall asleep. Therefore, it encourages longer duration of rest as well as enhances the quality of your sleep.
Individuals experiencing sleep troubles could make use of 5-HTP. Baseding on them, it is similar or even more suitable compared to prescribed drugs. Furthermore, it does not consist of any repulsive additives.
An additional benefit of 5-HTP is for depression as well as anxiousness. Lots of people are unable to find an ideal anti-depressant medicine. The good idea is that there are individuals which uncovered an alternative remedy in the form of supplements 5-Hydroxytrytophan is endorsed not only for people which intend to drop weight or are experiencing sleeping disorders, however likewise for individuals which are suffering from stress and anxiety issues and also anxiety.
The intake of additional 5-HTP is normally secure, as the body makes it normally. In addition, it likewise promotes healthy and balanced body functions. Physician Oz, which is a tv individuality, states that expecting females must avoid using the supplement although it is risk-free typically.
5-Hydrocytryptophan or 5-HTP supplements are verified to have several benefits for an individual’s wellness. Nonetheless, customers ought to be conscious that much like any other dietary tablets or supplements, the strength of 5-HTP could be experienced after several days or weeks, according to a person’s consumption. Individuals are suggested to begin with a tiny dose initially, after that gradually boost the consumption relying on the correct amount you like. You have to be watchful that 5-HTP supplements just enhance specific physical body cells to develop natural chemical serotonin.
It is advisable to speak with a medical professional first prior to utilizing 5-HTP supplements.
B Vitamins are water soluble and essential for many functions within the body; it is vital that we have a sufficient quantity of each of them. These vitamins are essential for many internal body functions including the nervous system, immune system, healthy blood cells, and cell division.
Furthermore, B vitamins help to steadily release energy from the food we eat so we do not have to rely on sugary and unhealthy snacks between meals.
B Vitamins can be easily destroyed through alcohol, cooking and certain food processing techniques; it is for this reason that white flour products are less nutritious than wholegrain products.
It is a fact that B vitamins are a group that consists of eight different types of vitamins; the most commonly known varieties include folic acid, B12 and thiamine. While they all have slightly different functions, there are physical illnesses that are linked to a deficiency of such vitamins. Some of the key vitamins are discussed below.
Folic acid is supplement that turns into folate once in the body. Folates are essential for DNA repair, and cell growth; this is particularly important at life stages such as infancy and pregnancy. It is important for women of childbearing age to ensure they take sufficient folic acid supplements; benefits for the unborn child and women are abundant.
It is important for pregnant women to not only consume foods high in folic acid, but to take folic acid supplements. While the body has some in reserve, if there is a lack of supplements for a reasonable amount of time, a deficiency will occur. A deficiency can lead to depression, confusion, anemia, and ultimately, during pregnancy, fetal defects. Folic acid also appears to have benefits in reducing the likelihood and seriousness of other health conditions, including strokes and fertility.
Food sources include: As the name implies, foliage foods are high in folate, including, green leafy vegetables, such as turnip greens, and spinach, along with various fresh fruits. Folate fortified foods include various pastas, breads and other grains.
Vitamin B12 is important for essential brain and nervous system functioning. Vitamin B12 can be obtained through animal-based products such as eggs, milk, and shellfish. Vitamin B12 is also available as a supplement at many health food shops and via your doctor.
A lack of B12 in the body can have serious consequences on both the brain and nervous system; at even minor levels of deficiency, symptoms such as memory loss, fatigue, and depression can occur.
Food sources include: Animal foods, like beef are the only natural source of vitamin B12, along with shellfish, clams, crab, and mussels. Many products are also fortified with it including, cereals, and soy foods.
Niacin is also known as B3 and is important for many reactions within the body, including cell synthesis. Niacin has been shown to be beneficial in the cardiovascular system and associated health conditions.
Food sources include: It is relatively easy to get enough niacin, as it is present in foods such as peanuts, lentils, fish, and meat.
Riboflavin, also known as B2, is essential to create and maintain the body’s basic building blocks. A deficiency leads to symptoms including sore throat, birth defects if a woman is deficient during pregnancy, anemia, and oily skin.
Food sources include: Riboflavin is found in many food sources including milk, cheese, yeast, mushrooms, and almonds.
More commonly known as B5, pantothenic acid is vital for metabolizing carbohydrates, proteins, fats and alcohol. Additionally, it produces red blood cells and hormones such as steroids. B5 is widely available in many different forms, but are most often found in milk, eggs, and peanuts. It is exceptionally unusual but is characterized by fatigue, vomiting, and constipation.
Food sources include: cheese, yogurt, asparagus, spinach, fish, eggs, chicken and fortified cereals.
The body uses thiamin to regulate appetite and supports metabolism.
Food sources include: dark green leafy vegetables, pork, fortified cereals, wheat germ, green peas, lentils, almonds, and enriched rice.
The symptoms of any of B vitamin deficiency are very similar to a large number of other health conditions so it is important to not self-diagnose any particular vitamin deficiency.
Moreover, it is always a good idea to speak to your health professional before making any substantial changes to your diet. By eating a balanced diet on a daily basis, you will probably find you are consuming an adequate amount of B vitamins already.
Foods High In B Vitamins
We have all seen people who are seemingly obsessed with exercise, diets, and fitness regimes, and sometimes we may wonder if they are over doing it slightly.
Does this mean they have an addiction to exercise?
Is such a thing real? While it may not be a formally classified mental disorder, it shares many similarities to other behavioral addictions, and can have harmful consequences. Although there is no single definition of exercise addiction, it is generally agreed that it comprises withdrawal, a buzz when exercising, impairs normal functioning, and can affect relationships; this is much the same as with other addictive behaviors.
Research is continuing into exercise addiction, or excessive addiction as it otherwise known, so it is likely to be better understood in the future.
• As with any other addiction, one of the main characteristics of exercise addiction is a compulsion, or a need, to engage in the behavior on a very frequent basis.
• This may include over exercising several times a day or week, causing physical harm to oneself through too much exercise and putting exercise before other important things in life.
• When not exercising, there is likely to be a withdrawal, which only fuels the need to exercise even more.
• Someone with an exercise addiction is also likely to avoid other normal aspects of day-to-day life, for fear of not exercising enough that day.
• They may lack motivation or interest in social activities that are not based around exercise, and find they retreat inwards, away from their social networks.
• Despite possibly causing injury to themselves, someone with an exercise addiction will continue no matter what. Even if they are injured and should be resting, they will more than likely engage in some form of exercise. The addiction and need to do some kind of exercise will be greater than the impact of the injury.
There is no formal treatment plan for exercise addiction; this may be developed as research into this area continues. However, there are a number of treatments for other addictions that can be applied in this case.
Initially, the addict must realize and accept they have a problem. Without this vital first step, any subsequent treatment is unlikely to work. If there are any injuries or health problems, whether associated to the exercise or not, these must be considered and treated as a priority. Next, the person needs to begin the long road of changing their thoughts and behaviors around exercise.
The ultimate aim is to get them to a place where they can engage in exercise a healthy amount, but still fully participate in day-to-day life. This may take a long time, as the root cause of the addiction should be uncovered; if the addiction has been present for a long time, this may be very difficult to do, even with the support of a professional.
One of the challenges to this type of compulsion versus say drugs or alcohol is that in the later cases the addict must abstain completely form using, but with exercise, the person can and should get back to exercise but learn balance and restraint.
If the person has low self-esteem, this will need to be built up in other ways, so they are able to get the same effect through another mechanism, not excessive exercise. The person’s family, friends, and support network should also be involved, as the addiction will have affected them. They are also the people who will be able to provide the greatest level of support to the individual, and hopefully create a change in them.
Exercise addiction is a very real addiction, and should be treated like any other behavioral addiction as it shares the same characteristics and treatment options. Thankfully, the prognosis is positive once the person has accepted the addiction and is ready to work with others to bring about change.