What is the Best Way to Burn Fat and Keep It Off Permanently?
It seems every time we turn around we hear about a new way to lose fat and get our weight under control. Every new fad promises to teach us a new way to lose fat faster, but very few plans teach us how to get the weight off and keep it off for a lifetime. Have you ever tried a diet plan everyone raved about and ended up weighing more a few months after you quit? It happens with almost every fad diet for a good reason.
Your body develops a set point. If you have been 50 pounds overweight for years, your body adjusts your metabolic rate to keep you there. Your weight probably fluctuates a few pounds up and down, but always drifts back to the same level or slowly gets fatter. If you go on a strict diet, your body starts fighting back. Your metabolism slows down. You start feeling lethargic, lazy, and tired. You may get headaches, mood swings, and feel unwell. Does that sound like something you have experienced before?
Speed up your metabolism and see the result.
The best way to lose weight and eliminate fat is to speed up your metabolism and reset your body’s normal set point. Increasing your metabolism accomplishes several critical items.
- You burn fat through the entire day.
- You do not suffer from hunger pains.
- You eliminate the headaches, tiredness, and mood swings.
Think about those three items for a moment. Those are the reasons you quit most diets. The diet becomes more painful than being fat. You drop off the diet, start eating normally, and end up fatter than before. Your metabolism slowed down while you were on the diet and your normal portions are now too much food. Most dieters have suffered through this vicious cycle.
Imagine how different it would be if you could eat more, lose fat, and gain muscle to reshape your body without the side effects of dieting. That is exactly how the proper method of losing fat works.
Key ideas on burning fat
Here are a few of the key ideas on how to burn off the fast while you maintain or increase muscles:
- It is not how much food; it is what foods you eat.
- Having the proper nutrition is 90% of the battle in losing weight.
- You must maximize your metabolic rate, not starve your body.
- Do you eat enough food to keep your metabolism high?
- How often do you eat?
- Movement is the key to changing your life.
- Are you trying to do it alone?
Consider the truth in those statements. You can eat several pieces of healthy fruit and consume less calories than a piece of cake. In one leading diet, they recommend you eat healthy for 90% of your meals and enjoy your “sinful” foods the other 10% of the time. How many diets give you that flexibility? This is wise advice. Transforming your eating patterns to eat healthy 90% of the time is easier than denying yourself those delightful treats forever. This is diet you can stick to and not feel the need to cheat. There is a secondary reason this makes sense. Those breaks from healthy foods can help your metabolism say in overdrive burning even more calories.
You also have to move.
Movement and proper nutrition combined are the catalysts to increasing your metabolic rate and burning fat quickly. Notice, we did not say high numbers of hours in the gym. You should choose to exercise sensibly several times per week and then add one more element. Start moving more. It is that simple. Get up and walk around the house a few more times each day. Go up and down the stairs a couple of extra times. Park your car farther away. Become bouncy like a child. Any type of activity burns additional calories and turns up your metabolism slightly. Proper nutrition gives you the fuel to feel energetic and enjoy the extra movement.
You probably noticed we mention how much and how often do you eat. You should not decrease your calories dramatically. Instead, you should change to eating healthier foods that increase your metabolism and move your weights set point lower. Eating 5 to 6 small meals per day gives you greater energy, reduces hunger pains, and drives your metabolism even higher.
The real magic is not in discovering easy aerobic exercises or extreme food deprivation. The magic to losing weight and burning fat is adjusting your metabolism. Change your way of thinking, eating, and moving, and you will lose weight.